Monday, September 17, 2012

4 B3773R P455W0RD?



4 B3773R P455W0RD?

(A Better Password?)

     Almost as long as we have used passwords to secure data, we have been in search of a better alternative. The human brain is the most powerful computer there is but ask it to remember a dozen passwords of varying lengths and complexities and it shuts down faster than a beer vendor during the seventh ending stretch. One company with a familiar name hopes to change all that with a familiar technology.  Santa Clara based Intel hopes to change the current perception of biometrics with their currently under development device.  This new tablet has the ability not to take a finger print but to read the pattern of veins in your hand and translate this information into a unique identifier which according to Intel works better than a finger print. Personally, I hope it's the next great sensation that revolutionizes the computer security industry. Professionally, there is no way this technology is going to be any more amazing than its predecessor. It will be merely more than an added luxury for the home user who thinks he is securing his personal machine from international terrorists interested in his browsing history. Those who really need the ultra secure have e already found better ways of doing so like having to submit their first born child for DNA testing to log on to the corporate mainframe. Then again, I along with my brain hope somebody comes up with something amazing so I can free up brain memory from all those annoying passwords. until then I guess we will have to stick to the workplace favorite password [Child'sFirstName1]. For those of you trying to guess my password, I don't have a child, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment