We have all heard of the Nigerian Prince that wants to give us millions of dollars in exchange for a few thousand dollars to set up the paperwork. After receiving my most recent mail from these lovely individuals, I decided to look into the history of the scheme. It all started a long time ago in the 1920's with the Spanish Prisoner scam. The con artist would contact the target via letter and tell them the son of a wealthy Spanish family was being held in prison and they needed money to orchestrate his release or escape. The letter promised the family would reward those who assisted with lavish gifts and their investment would be paid back ten fold! But, the escape attempts would always seem to fail and the letters kept coming wanting more money to try again. Fast forward to the digital age and the emergence of the Nigerian Scams. While there are too many variations to explain the premise is the same, in exchange for your bank account information or a sum of money the transfer can be started and you can be the proud recipient of millions of dollars from a shady Nigerian bank account. While this should send up red flags to everyone reading, it actually works quite well because individuals and companies have been taken for millions in the last few decades.
The latest scam... Well just read for yourself.
"Hello
I am very sorry for you ,It is a pity that this is how your life is going to
end as soon as you don't comply. As you can see there is no need for me
introducing myself to you because I don't have any business with you, my
duty as I am mailing you now is just to (KILL YOU ) and I have to do it as I
have already been paid for that.
Someone wants you dead due to personal reasons and the person have spent a
lot of money on this, the person also came to US and told me that he wanted
you dead and he provided us with your name ,picture and
other necessary information's we needed about you. So I have sent my boy's
to track you down and they have carried out the necessary investigation
needed for the operation on you, and they have done that but I told
them not to kill you that I will like to contact you and see if your life is
Important to you or not.since we have find out that you are innocent.
I called my client back and ask him of your email address which I didn't
tell him what I wanted to do with it and he gave it to me and I am using it
to contact you now. As I am writing to you now my men are monitoring
you and they are telling me everything about you.
Now do you want to LIVE OR DIE? As someone has paid us to kill you. Get back
to me now if you are ready to pay some fees to spare your life, $20,000 is
the amount paid for your death, Is that Worth your Life? Can
you Buy Your Life Back? This is Your Chance, CHRISTMAS is APPROACHING AND
YOUR WANTED DEAD BEFORE THE 25TH. So what do you say? Can you beat that
price?
If you comply, I will send a tape to you which i recorded every discusion i
hade with the person who wanted you dead and as soon as you get the tape,
you will pay the remaining balance. If you are not ready for my
help, then I will carry on with my job straight-up. THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST
EMAIL YOU GET FROM ME, DEPENDING ON YOUR RESPONSE. IF IT FAVORS ME, I'LL
REPLY, BUT IF IT DOESNT, START SAYING YOUR
LAST PRAYERS. 25TH DECEMBER 2012 DEADLINE.
If you think this a Joke, Try Me, Dare Me, I have Your Informations, I know
where you live, street, house number, i know about your family, Kids and
all. So dont think i'm joking about this. I dont miss my Target, I
never do. it's either you comply, negotiable. I might let you know about the
plot to kill you, who sent me, and allow you go to the Authorities.
WARNING: DO NOT THINK OF CONTACTING THE POLICE OR EVEN TELLING ANYONE
BECAUSE I WILL KNOW.REMEMBER, SOMEONE WHO KNOWS YOU VERY WELL WANT YOU DEAD!
I WILL EXTEND IT TO YOUR
FAMILY, INCASE I NOTICE SOMETHING FUNNY. I MONITOR THE RADARS, I WATCH YOU
DAY AND NIGHT, WHEN YOU AWAKE, AND DOING YOUR LADY ACTIVITIES. DO NOT COME
OUT ONCE IT IS 8:PM UNTIL I
MAKE OUT TIME TO SEE YOU AND GIVE YOU THE TAPE OF MY DISCUSSION WITH THE
PERSON WHO WANT YOU DEAD THEN YOU CAN USE IT TO TAKE ANY LEGAL ACTION. GOOD
LUCK AS I AWAIT YOUR REPLY
GOODLUCK.
AHMED LIFIANOTI"
I have shared this at great personal risk because... Wait for it.... This is also a scam!
Who would have thought? with all the grammatical errors that hit men are prone to making this wouldn't be legitimate. As long as there are people on the internet, there will be people who will now sleep with a gun under their pillow and wire vast sums of money to these individuals just because they asked for it.
Fortunately the Mayans are already planning on killing me the week before the deadline so I will not need to worry about this.
So for now...
GOODLUCK.
No comments:
Post a Comment